Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Free? I Don't Think I Know How.

"Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding"
~ Proverbs 3:13
I want to have the joy that comes with wisdom, I have so many questions, I wish that I could have all the answers. I guess I'll never have all the answers, and I can live with that, I just wish that I had the answers that would make things a little easier, but for every step forward I take it seems like I take ten steps back - things become more complicated and even more questions come up. Maybe that's why God wants us to have faith like a child. Things just aren't complicated for children, but for adults things just become more complicated and hard to understand, and I can't imagine that things will get any better as I get older.
So, how do we live that carefree life, one that is only worried about doing God's will, and not concerned about other things? How do I do that? How do we as people with a thousand things to do make God our priority? Even as I sit here and write this I'm constantly glancing at the clock, counting the minutes I have before I have to go to class. I can't just forget about all my other responsibilities. How do I balance everything?
I was just listening to this song, and I thought the lyrics went well (I especially like the bold part)
Set Me Free
By Casting Crowns
It hasn't always been this way
I remember brighter days
Before the dark ones came
Stole my mind
Wrapped my soul in chains

Now I live among the dead
Fighting voices in my head
Hoping someone hears me crying in the night
And carries me away

Set me free of the chains holding me
Is anybody out there hearing me?
Set me free

Morning breaks another day
Finds me crying in the rain
All alone with my demons I am
Who is this man that comes my way?
The dark ones shriek
They scream His name
Is this the One they say will set the captives free?
Jesus, rescue me

As the God man passes by
He looks straight through my eyes
And darkness cannot hide

Do you want to be free?
Lift your chains
I hold the key
All power on Heav'n and Earth belong to me

You are free
You are free
You are free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home