Saturday, August 13, 2005

It Would Only Happen To Me

As if I hadn't done enough stupid things this week (if you don't know what I'm talking about, ask Holly or Phil, they will gladly tell you a very funny story about me) I have more to add to the collection.

I was working at the shoe store this afternoon, and this really tall guy comes up to the counter to pay for a pair of men's sandals and a purse. He looked like a nice guy, so I thought I'd make a little joke. I said: "Oh, good, you found a pair of sandals, but I'm guessing the purse isn't for you." The expected response was, "that's right, they're for my wife". But, that's definitely not what he said. He said "no, actually it's for me." I'm sure I had the most shocked expression on my face at that moment. What kinda guy would be buying a purse like that for himself? I was at a loss for words, and probably mumbled something like, "ok", and just started putting the sale through the till. If you thought that was embarrassing, don't forget, this is Kendra, it has to get worse.

The guy asks me what my name was, I said "Kendra" and he asked my last name, so I told him. He sticks out his hand to shake mine and says "nice to meet you Kendra, I'm Brian Pallister" At that point I think my face turned bright red and said "oh hi" (in a high pitched squeaky voice). Anyway, he went on to ask me if I worked full time there, and I told him I was going to school to be a science teacher, and he told me that he used to be a teacher (he told me where, but I can't remember). Yep, and that was about the whole conversation, but I was quite embarrassed that I had made a stupid joke to our MP about a purse and I sounded so retarded I'm sure. Oh, only I would do that. So you can laugh now. But, hay, I met Brian Pallister!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

That's super funny! I would've loved to have been there!

5:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i laughed

10:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home