Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It's A First

Today a girl that I talk to in one of my classes asked me when I graduated, and I told her, and it was the same year that she did. She was just very surprised because she had thought that I was older than her. I don't think I've ever been mistaken for being older than I am. So, I have to write about this now, and get it all out (...that's right, fart it out...) before I'm going to be able to study. I don't want to be mistaken for being older than I am, I'm only 21!!! I think I have a problem with this because I think I have the perception that people who seem older (but aren't) are boring. I'm not saying that people who are older than me are boring, but I think I associate people that seem older with being boring. I don't want to be boring!! Maybe she thought I was older than I am because I don't go out getting drunk or because I have goals and I know what I want and I'll do whatever it takes to get them, or because I live on my own (she still lives at home), I don't know. It just kinda bothers me.

I think this is the funniest thing, I hate being mistaken for being really young, but I also don't like to be mistaken for being older than I am. I just want to look and act 21! Hmmm, I don't know what to say. I don't like this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Maybe it's not you who is mature...maybe it's everyone else who is really immature.
-Matt

6:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home