Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Maybe It's My Job.

A few weeks ago I was chatting with Lori, I don't remember what we were talking about, but she had been reminded about something she had read this website (http://churches.everynation.org/default_ministries.asp?id=695). Anyway I was checking out today's topic, and it really connected with me. It was talking about the idea that maybe today's young generation is under deep spiritual attack (thinking about everything that they have to deal with: divorce, relationships, abortion, drugs, etc.) because the are supposed to rise up and do great things for God, maybe God has HUGE plans for them. He compared them to the Hebrew baby boys that were supposed to be thrown into the Nile when they were born, by order of pharaoh (Exodus 1:15 - 22), and the midwives refused to kill the babies, like they were told to do, because the feared God. (for more detail, check out the site, it might make more sense then) Anyway, one sentence in particular really stood out to me:

"If Christians like you and me do not rise up and wage war on the enemy, we may well lose the very generation born to destroy his strongholds on this planet."

I was thinking about this, and about myself and how I fit into all of this. In a way, I know I'm part of this young generation he's talking about, but at the same time, I think I'm also part of the group that's maybe called to fight for them. I grew up in a home where I was spared from a lot of things, I was blessed to have not gone through that. Because of that blessing, I feel like it's partly my responsibility to fight for them. I think about the reasons I want to be a teacher, and honestly, that's really why I want to be a teacher. I've probably talked about this with some of you, but I really just want to make a difference, I want to be a good role model for kids who have no one to look up to. I want to help them. I don't even have the right words to explain how I feel. I was thinking that maybe I feel like this because I'm maybe supposed to be someone who fights for the youth. All I can say, is wow. But I guess that's what we're called to do as Christians, we're here to fight for others, because God fought for us. Hmmm, I'm loosing my train of thought, but yeah, check out that site, it's a gooder.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i so agree!! we are called to be a generation that stands and fights where others haven't!! and i know this may freak some people out, but hey, i wouldn't be surprised if this generation is also connected to end-times, and our job as christians is to proclaim Christ so we will know him when he comes. you'll make an awesome teacher with the desire to help and fight for kids!

4:38 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kendra

What a good post. Thanks for that. I began to write a reply, but then decided to write a reply on my blog.
https://achristian.wordpress.com/2006/03/28/we-are-making-great-progress/

Enjoy!
Mark.

3:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home