Saturday, April 30, 2005

Letting Go

I was watching TV the other day, and one of the characters said this: "The more I'm a part of history, the more I realize how much of it's already written. Let it go." By itself, this quote doesn't make that much sense, but the character that said it was the President (hence the history thing), and he was saying this to his son who was having serious issues (hence the let it go thing). I was thinking about this quote the other night, and I realized how true it really is. It's really easy to forget that God's in control of what happens, and (I believe) that everything happens for a reason (good or bad). I know I need to remember just to let things go more often (even as I write this I'm reminded of situations). Things happen, I do stupid things, other people do stupid things, people get angry...whatever, everything will be ok, we (or at least I) just need to let them go. God's in control of what happens, it's ok, everything will work out. God's taken me too far to abandon me now. It's way too easy to hold onto EVERYTHING, and beat ourselves up about them for a really long time. But, really, it doesn't matter. As a man named Jesus once said on a cross "It is finished". Everything has been taken care of for me. How quickly we forget all that's been done for us, only to think about what we feel we have to do all alone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. yep. good job with the long entry!!! thanks for going out for breakfast with me this morning...you are unforgettable!
;)

3:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home