Sunday, January 16, 2005

To Be A Computer Wiz

I think that's probably the last thing I ever expected to be: a computer wiz. Well, sort-of, at least that was my job this weekend, computer wiz/hairdresser. I can't tell all the storys here, but I would probably say that this weekend was the real-life ocean's 11 (minus all the stealing). Marcia, Melissa, Rae, Robyn, Lori and me went to Joanna's wedding, and ended up running the whole thing, all with our own jobs. I'll let the other girls tell you their jobs, but I was the computer wiz/hairdresser. I had to run some powerpoint presentations and I don't know if besides the little bit we did in highschool I don't think I've ever even used powerpoint. And the projector didn't work and me and Joanna's brother had to figure it out. We had no idea what we were doing. It was really funny. Oh, and I had to do Lori's hair, cuz she couldn't do it herself (I'm sure she'll write something about this weekend, and that'll all make more sense).

I definitely learned something this weekend about being willing to help. We drove six and a half hours to be at Joanna's wedding and we ended up running the whole thing, hardly having time to enjoy it. But I guess sometimes we need to learn that it's not always about us. We didn't have a choice, it was either us doing this or the family, and I would never make them do this stuff. It's so important that we remember to put others before ourselves, and I was forced to take on an attitude of selflessness, and it's a good thing. What can we do for others?

To the six chicks in one car and the Ladies Christian Fellowship, have a great night.
If none of this makes sense, give me a call and we'll hang out and you can hear the most unbelievable stories that you might ever end up hearing in your whole night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home