Saturday, January 08, 2005

Same Old Life

Oh I wish I had a life. Well, I guess I do, I just feel like I don't. I think I'm getting bored of the usual stuff. Go to school, so some homework, maybe go to a movie or something with people, or watch a little TV. I know, the semester just started and I'm tired of it already. Is that bad? I just wish.... I don't even know what I wish. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I just feel very restless, maybe that's the right word: restless. I'm waiting for something to change, or to find some new hobby or something to add a little colour to this black and white world. I feel like I live the same day over and over and over. Each with slight variations, but pretty much the same, nothing new, nothing exciting. I don't know what's wrong with me.

One of my friends from Prov was over last night, it was great to see her, it had been too long. Then we went to a wedding today. Sarah's married, so hard to believe. I'm really happy for her. I had a really amazing experience there, the dude she married, Sam, I didn't really know him, but he was the Prez at school last year. In the receiving line, and he just thanked me for coming and mentioned that he had noticed me in the "audience" at the ceremony, and thanked me for being there. I thought that was really amazing, it was his wedding, but he still took time to notice the people that were there, and that he just mentioned that to me was really amazing. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but I'm probably similar to him in that way, I tend to notice people, but it really had never actually crossed my mind that you could tell people that you noticed them somewhere and it was good to see them there. I'm just blown away. I find it so hard to believe that even in the emotion and business of his wedding he noticed me and thanked me for being there. I think I definitely often treat people too often as if they're invisible. Not because I don't notice them, I'm very observant, it's very rare that I don't see people somewhere, I just might choose not to say anything. Anyway, I don't mean to treat people like they're invisible, it's not that they're not important to me, but it takes effort, and I'm tired. I get so used to university, where there's so many people that there's not possible way to see everyone or acknowledge everyone. It's easy just to keep frame of mind past the university. I can't forget how good it feels for someone just to say hi and that it's good to see them. How selfish we are, or at least I am, it's easier just to say that I'm tired and not acknowledge people than it is just to say hi. A small hi can go a long way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just for you, dear. here is a comment. so how was your day this monday? i'm hungry. thanks for letting me crash at your house all day yesterday, i really did have a good time!! think about this today - you are a "war already won!" you are "a revolution!" that's from starfield, in my own little paraphrase. you live to speak God's truth! i love you!

2:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home