Monday, January 24, 2005

Frusterations

You know that people believe that you aren't capable of getting a boyfriend when:

-Your mom and all your aunts and uncles pick someone out for you and threaten to introduce you to them
-Your aunt starts giving you tips on how to pick up guys (and I seriously doubt that she of all people would know anything about that)
-You have to revert back to imaginary friends/boyfriends to explain why there's an empty seat beside you at a wedding
-You have to remind your family that you haven't even turned 20 yet (Only two more months!!) , and you're not old, and they don't need to start worrying yet!!
-When ladies from church surround you and start discussing how much easier it would be if they could pick boyfriends/girlfriends for their children
-The only thing that people ever ask you is: "So, do you have a boyfriend?"
-And, when you promptly answer "No" to that question they need to know why not
-And, the only explanation you have for not having one is that all the guys at University are drug addicts or alcoholics (yes, I know that's not true, but it gets them off my case, cuz they sure don't want me dating people like that)
-Then, your uncle gives you places you can go to meet guys!!!! (as if I have time!)
-When you have to make lists like this to rant and you've gotten to point ten and you know that you can think of a hundred more things to say but you're getting tired of this topic!!!

Ok, don't mind me, I just think I've been to too many weddings lately, but praise Jesus that I'm done those for a little while!!! I'm really tired of this topic, see, my family's gotten bored. They are tired of winter and the only excitement that they can think of is to have a wedding, and apparently I'm getting to the top of the list for singles in my family. I know that they love me, but they're getting on my nerves, or maybe I'm just over tired.

Please, don't make comments consoling me about my present state of boylessness, I'm all right. That's the point. People don't seem to realize that. And please, the only thing that's more annoying than people asking if I'm dating anyone, is them trying to set me up with people, so how about none of that.

Anyway, onto a better topic, now that I'm done my rant. One of my roommates had some people over today, and they wanted to see our house, which is fine, but they also wanted to see our rooms, hmmmm, well, I haven't cleaned my room in three weeks, and It's getting pretty bad. There's no where to walk and I was quite embarrassed about them seeing my room, but, oh well, I'm a university student, what else do they expect?

Do you know what one of my favourite snacks is? Taco chips and salsa, always a good thing. Anyway, so I'm starting to ramble, a sure sign that I'm getting rather tired, so, I will be saying goodnight to everyone. Isn't it funny how I only write these things after midnight? I don't know how people can write during the day.

Oh, and Jen, we tried calling you on saturday, but you didn't answer your phone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cherise said...

i just wanted to add a little to your rant. it's like whenever i'm in winkler ppl think that somehow you can't fcn without a boy at your side. even when i had a bf, eveytime he wasn't with me they'd ask where he was and how he was doing. which became very annoying when he was ignoring you! on new years i went to my grandparents and the first thing anyone said to me was "you're here alone!!" disappointingly. i was slightly upset. i think that enough of a rant to add.

9:13 p.m.  
Blogger Kendra said...

Doesn't it feel good to rant? Makes me feel better!

11:38 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

Phil, it is because you are a boy. It's hugely different for boys.
And I was..umm, outside when my phone rang.

2:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home