Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I Was Angry

In Church on sunday we talked about Anger - two kinds: selfish anger and divine anger. Our pastor said that we all have things that make us divinely angry, those things that make us angry and that we see and need to be changed. The thing is, usually we sit back and think about the things that can be done to change it. But, he said something that really stuck with me, he suggested that maybe the things that make us angry are actually part of our calling. Maybe those are the things that God wants us to change.

I heard something today that made me angry. Lori and I were sitting on the bus going to the mall. It was 3:30ish, so the high school by our house just got off school, and there was ton of teenagers on the bus with us. One of the girls (who can't have been more than 15) was talking about drinking. I was so angry. This girl was practically a child, and there is no way she should be thinking or experiencing those kinds of things. I was so angry. Why should these children be robbed of something so beautiful...their lives. What are they doing? There is no way anyone so young should be talking like that (not that I suggest anyone talk like that, but especially not someone so young). I think of my little brother, who is probably only slightly older than her. I want a much better life for him. It makes me so angry. So, I'm left with these thoughts from sunday:

"Jesus' anger leads to peace, healing, and restoration...what does our anger lead to?" and "we live in a world where people get angry at things that don't matter, and don't get angry at things that do matter".

What do I do about my anger...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's really interesting...thanks for sharing that

4:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home