Thursday, October 20, 2005

God is Good.

When I think of all the things that I want/need, I really need to stop thinking about myself, and what I want. Instead of getting angry at God because He doesn't give me what I need or want, I really need to start thinking about the character of God. God is good. I can't even fathom what that all implies. God really doesn't withhold things because He doesn't want to give them to me, He does it because He is good. I know it's the classic line "God can see the whole picture and you can't". It's really true though. I really think that it hurts God to have to say "no Kendra, I wish I could give that to you now, but I can't, just wait, I know there's more...better. I am Good, trust me". I think it's the last part I have trouble with...really believing that God is good, and that it really should be enough of a reason to trust.

(this was our topic for Bible study yesterday...it's been on my mind)


Ok, I just had to add this. I was listening to the radio, and they played the song "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks. I just laughed because yesterday at the bible study the dude that leads it (actually one of the pastors at the church) quoted this song, and it was funny because this is about the last song you would expect him to know (he's not at all the country type!) The bold part is what he quoted.
Unanswered Prayers
by Garth Brooks

Just the other night at a hometown football game
My wife and I ran into my old high school flame
And as I introduced them the past came back to me
And I couldn't help but think of the way things used to be

She was the one that I'd wanted for all times
And each night I'd spend prayin' that God would make her mine
And if he'd only grant me this wish I wished back then
I'd never ask for anything again

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers


She wasn't quite the angel that I remembered in my dreams
And I could tell that time had changed me
In her eyes too it seemed
We tried to talk about the old days
There wasn't much we could recall
I guess the Lord knows what he's doin' after all

And as she walked away and I looked at my wife
And then and there I thanked the good Lord
For the gifts in my life

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen!!! me too. going through the same thing, i mean. can't wait to actually spend time with you this weekend...i hope your studying is going alright!!!

9:19 p.m.  
Blogger Kendra said...

ummm, actually anytime we aren't singing, you won't be seeing me this weekend, I'll be locked in my room studying. I can see you after wednesday at 1:30!!!!!!

9:46 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i know. i just meant i'd actually get to SEE you, even if it was just for singing :)

10:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home