Thursday, November 04, 2004

Life Or Something Like It

Well, it's a new day.... well, it was a new day, I guess it's just about over already. I wonder sometimes how I can have so many hours, yet still seem to accomplish nothing. Like today, I didn't have to go and look at stars, so I had many hours of studying to do (of course with a study break to watch the OC!!) But now, it's 9:00 and I still have hardly studied, how does that happen?? I need to work at being more dedicated. Some people complain about the lack of motivation to do homework and such, I don't have that problem, I have the motivation, and I'm determined to pick the game up a notch, I just seem to lack something else, I don't really know what it is.

Maybe I just feel like all my hard work is going towards nothing, I feel like I can't see the end, I can't see a break. I think I've worked harder this year than ever before, so why can't I finnish things? So why am I'm so unsettled right now, I don't know what the problem is, I just don't have a peace about anything, like there's something else I'm supposed to be doing right now, but I don't know what it is. Does anyone else feel like this? I don't know, I just pray that God will show me the reason for this burdon, and what it's all about, because it's hard to sit and wait, and not know what's going on. Will peace ever come?

We were talking in our college and career group what when we thing about "good" or "strong" Christians, what we imagine them having. I keep feeling like if I'm doing things right, that I should have more peace. Why do some people get peace, why do I have to feel weird? I want to live the life that Christ has planned for me, and I want to grow in the ways I'm supposed to, but I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. I think something big will happen soon, just don't ask me what. Maybe I'm just too impatient. I feel like I know some of the things I want to do with my life, I just can't right now, because I'm in school, maybe I just need to wait. Maybe I just need to make the most of every opportunity I'm given, I can't just sit around and wait.

As Dr. Phil would say: "Today is a changing day." Maybe I'll make it one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

finish. burden. i hear ya about the peace thing. i know i'm doing the right thing, but sometimes peace just isn't there. like right now. i'm so excited about going to alberta, but my mom e-mailed me and she just isn't. she doesn't seem to have peace about it. granted, she said it's cuz she worries about my car, etc., but what if her intuition is telling her something i'm missing? what if God is trying to say something to me and i'm missing it? i don't know. sometimes peace is abundant, sometimes it isnt'. when do i trust him for real, and when am i only faking it? i want to always!! for real!! anyways. i'll pray for you. really, i will. have an awesome day, kenj!

9:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home